Friday, May 6, 2011

Song of the week: Eva De Roovere - Tijger

Eva De Roovere. (Source)
Eva De Roovere (b. 1978) is a singer-songwriter from Lier, a city near Antwerp. She was the vocalist for the successful folk group Kadril between 1996 and 2004, and their 1999 album Eva is named after her. She has since released three albums, the most recent of which, Mijn huis, was released this April.

"Tijger" is a track from her solo debut album, De Jager (2006). For personal reasons (and because it's a mighty track), this is my favourite Eva De Roovere song.

I dedicate this song to my amazing wife-to-be, Bika.




Lyrics:

Ik ben je tijger
En jij mijn prooi
Je wil me strelen
Je vindt me mooi

Toe kom toch dichter, wees bereid
Ik verplicht je hier te zijn voor mij
Zorg dat ik niet bijt
Toe kom toch dichter, wees bereid
Ik ben van jou maar jij nog meer van mij

Ik zal je zeggen
Waar ik van droom
Wij twee tesamen
In een gouden kooi

Al is het maar voor even
Het houdt me tevreden
Jij wil het zacht, maar ik heb de macht
Je houdt me niet tegen
Ik wil je zien beven
En af en toe een klauw en dan voel ik me vrouw

Toe kom toch dichter...

Ik ben je tijger
En jij mijn prooi
Je wil me strelen
Je vindt me mooi

Al is het maar...

Toe kom toch dichter...


Lyrics (translated):

I'm your tiger
And you're my prey
You want to pet me
You think I'm beautiful

Come closer, be prepared
I oblige you to be here for me
Make sure I don't bite
Come closer, be prepared
I'm yours, but you're mine even more

I'll tell you
What I dream about
The two of us together
In a golden cage

Even if only for a moment
It keeps me happy
You want it soft, but I have the power
You don't resist me
I want to see you tremble
And sometimes a scratch and then I feel like a woman

Come closer, be prepared 
I oblige you to be here for me 
Make sure I don't bite 
Come closer, be prepared 
I'm yours, but you're mine even more

I'm your tiger
And you're my prey
You want to pet me
You think I'm beautiful

Even if only for a moment 
It keeps me happy 
You want it soft, but I have the power 
You don't resist me
I want to see you tremble 
And sometimes a scratch and then I feel like a woman

Come closer, be prepared 
I oblige you to be here for me 
Make sure I don't bite 
Come closer, be prepared 
I'm yours, but you're mine even more

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks a lot, baby :D
    Also, I couldn't have made a better translation :) you're so amazing <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But you know you're a better translator than me by far :)

    ReplyDelete