Friday, August 26, 2011

Jukebox Friday: Noordkaap - Ik Hou Van U

This wonderful waltz from 1995 is a hit at weddings. So much so that I won't be surprised to hear it played at my own wedding party this Sunday. Wish me luck!






Lyrics:

We waren bijna echt vergeten
hoe schoon de zomer wel kan zijn
Zonder zorgen en zonder regen
Hoe schoon de zomer hier kan zijn
We waren uit het oog verloren
Hoe warm een weiland wel kan zijn
Open de vensters en open de ogen
Zie hoe schoon de zomers zijn

Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u ...

Geef me een kus
Geef me een kus
Geef me een kus en vlug, voor de laatste bus

We waren bijna echt vergeten
hoe schoon de zomer wel kan zijn
Zonder zorgen en zonder regen
Hoe schoon de zomer hier kan zijn

Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u

Ja, ik hou van u
ik hou van u
ik hou van u
 Ik hou van u
 Ik hou van u
 Ik hou van u
 Ja, ik hou van u
 Ja, ik hou van u
Ik hou van u

 Geef me een kus.....
Geef me een kus.....
Geef me een kus, en vlug voor de laatste bus
Geef me een kus
Geef me een kus
Geef me een kus, en vlug, voor de laatste bus

Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Ik hou van u
Oh ik hou van u
ik hou van u
ik hou van u
ik hou van u

Lalallaalalalaaa

Geef me een kus *kiss*



Translation:

We really almost forgot
How beautiful the summer can be
Without worries and without rain
How beautiful the summer can be here
We lost track
Of how warm a meadow still can be
Open the windows and open your eyes
See how beautiful the summers are 

I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you

Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss, and fast, before the last bus

We really almost forgot
How beautiful the summer can be
Without worries and without rain
How beautiful the summer can be here

I love you
I love you
I love you
Yes, I love you
I love you
I love you
Yes, I love you
Yes, I love you
I love you

Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss, and fast, before the last bus
Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss
Give me a kiss, and fast, before the last bus

I love you
I love you
I love you
Oh, I love you
I love you
I love you

Give me a kiss *kiss*

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee, we will do fine, don't worry about dancing... just have fun ;) it's a classic so you're bound to hear it on Sunday ^^ can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding is tomorrow ?

    CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

    If I may give a last minute suggestion for a song on a wedding: "Run" by Snow Patrol. I once sent that song to a girl I was in love with.

    Congratulations on the wedding and have a long and happy life together !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot :) I didn't see your comment in time for the wedding, but I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bika: It went well, didn't it? Everyone said it went well, so I think it went well.

    :) <3

    ReplyDelete