Friday, November 25, 2011

Jukebox Friday: Triggerfinger - Let It Ride



If you've been thinking that it would be a good idea to combine Queens of the Stone Age's "No One Knows" with Wolfmother's "Woman", this might be your song of the day.

Triggerfinger was founded in Antwerp in 1998 by Ruben Block (vocals and guitar), Paul Van Bruystegem (bass) and Mario Goossens (drums). Their sound includes droning guitars and distorted, echoing vocals.

The haunting "Let It Ride" is the second track on Triggerfinger's third studio album, All This Dancin' Around, which was released last November. The video was allegedly filmed by the band while waiting backstage to perform at the Queen Elizabeth Competition in Brussels.


Lyrics:

Never thought I'd be your back door man
I sort of thought I'd hold the front but then
The perfect balance baby
A certain twist of mind
A tempting hint at something I might find

Never thought you'd wind me up again
I sort of thought I'd sprung the clock but then
The perfect moment baby
A taste of fantasy
Will flood the gates with your mystery

Just for tonight baby
Just let it ride baby
Whatever you hide
Whatever you hide
Just for tonight baby
Just let it ride

You spill your smile and then you drag your tail
Playing hide and seek on a very different scale
The perfect balance baby
Between the touch and go
You're still my favorite mental rodeo

1 comment:

  1. Not bad ^^ I think I heard this in the Afrekening :) They also came to Rock Werchter a few times.

    ReplyDelete