Thursday, August 30, 2012

New column: The Saturday Brew

I'm no expert on beer, nor do I aspire to be one, but I do appreciate the fact that I now live in one of the greatest beer nations in the world, and that there are many who would give an arm (after all, you only need one to raise a glass) and a leg to be in my position to explore this wonderfully rich side of Belgian cuisine.

To satisfy the needs of the thirsty for knowledge and tips, I'm starting up a beer review column. Unsurprisingly to faithful readers, it will include plenty of background information on breweries and other interesting facts. Because I'm such a novice at the actual tasting and reviewing, I will supplement the posts with opinions from around the web, effectively crowdsourcing my reviews.

What I'm aiming for is a column you can enjoy both as a connoisseur looking for an "inside scoop" and as a casual appreciator of good beer.

Each beer will be rated Norwegian-style, using a die with a value between 1 and 6.

Opinions are highly appreciated, especially with regards to the quaint working title of the column.

2 comments:

  1. So you're going to try a new kind of beer every Saturday? Sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the reviews will go up on Saturday, but that doesn't mean I have to wait until Saturday to taste it ;-)

    ReplyDelete